We are pleased that you trust us with your information and aim to maintain that trust at all times. It starts with making sure you understand the information we collect, why we collect it, how it is used and your decisions regarding your information. This Policy sets out our privacy practices in simple language, while maintaining official and technical terms.
2. Information We Collect
Without a doubt, we can’t help you build meaningful relationships without specific information about yourself, such as basic profile information and the types of people you’d like to meet. We also collect information you generate when you use our services, for example to access logs, and information from third parties, such as when you access our services through a social media account. For more information, go to the details below.
The information you give us
You may choose to provide certain information to us when using our services. These include:
- When you create an account, you provide us with at least your login details, as well as other basic information needed for the service to operate, such as your gender and birthday.
- When you complete your profile, you can share with us additional information, such as details about your personality, lifestyle, interests and other details about you, as well as content such as photos and videos. To add certain content, such as photos or videos, you can let us access your camera or photo album. Some information you choose to provide may be considered “special” or “sensitive” to other authorities, for example your racial or ethnic background, sexual orientation, and your beliefs. By choosing to provide this information, you consent to our processing of this information.
- If you sign up for a paid service or purchase directly from us (rather than using a platform like iOS or Android), you provide us or our payment service provider information, such as your debit or credit card number or other financial information.
- When you participate in research or focus groups, you provide us with information about our products and services, answers to our questions and testimonials.
- If you choose to participate in our promotions, events or competitions, we collect information that you use to register or submit.
When you contact our customer care team, we collect information you provide us during the interaction. In some cases, we monitor or record this communication for training purposes and to ensure a high level of service.
- When you ask us to contact or process other people’s information (for example, if you ask us to email you from one of your friends), we collect personal information that you provide to us in order to fulfill your request.
- Of course, we also process your conversations with other users and the content you publish, as part of the operation of the services.
Information we get from others
In addition to the information you provide directly to us, we receive information about you from others, including:
- Other Users Other users may provide information about you as they use our services. For example, we may collect information about you from other users when they contact us through you.
- Social Media You may be able to use social media login (like Facebook Login) to create and sign in to your Twinger2 account. This saves you from having to remember another username and password and allows you to share certain information from your social media account with us.
- Other Partners We may get information about you from partners, for example when Twinger2 ads are published on websites and platforms of partners (where they may pass information on campaign success).
Information collected when you use our services
When you use our services, we collect information about what features you used, how you used them and the devices you used to access our services. See below for more details:
- User Information We collect information about your activity on our services, such as how you use it (e.g., date and time you signed in, features you used, search, clicks and pages displayed, targeted web page address, click-through advertising) and how you interact with other users (e.g., your contacts and contacts, the time and date of your exchange, the number of messages you send and receive).
- Device details We collect information from the devices you use to access our services, including:
hardware and software details such as IP address, device ID and type, device-specific settings and applications and applications, application crashes, promotional IDs (such as Google’s AAID and Apple IDFA, both randomly generated numbers you can reset by navigating your device settings), browser type, version and language, operating system, time zones, cookie associated identifiers or other technologies that can specifically identify your device or browser (e.g. IMEI / UDID address and MAC address);
information about your wireless and mobile network connection, such as your service provider and signal strength;
information on device sensors such as the accelerometer, gyroscopes and compasses.
- More information about your permission When you grant us permission, we may collect your exact geolocation (latitude and longitude) in a variety of ways, depending on the service and device you are using, including GPS, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connections. Your geolocation collection may take place later or you may not use the services if the permission you give us explicitly allows such collection. If you refuse permission to collect your geolocation, we will not download it. Similarly, if you agree, we may collect your photos and videos (for example, if you want to publish a photo, video or stream to services).
3. Cookies And Other Data Collection Technologies
Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) have a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) feature that tells the website that the user does not want to be tracked by his or her online activity. If a website that responds to a DNT signal receives a DNT signal, the browser may block that website from collecting certain information about the browser user. Not all browsers offer the DNT option and the DNT signals are not yet compatible. For this reason, many businesses, including Twinger2, currently do not respond to DNT signals.
4. How We Use Information
The main reason we use your information is to deliver and improve our services. Additionally, we use your information to help keep you safe and to provide you with advertising that may be of interest to you. Read on for a detailed explanation of the various reasons that apply to your information, as well as practical examples.
Manage your account and provide our services to you
- Create and manage your account
- Provide customer support and respond to your requests
- Complete your transaction
- Contact you about our services, including order management and payment
To help you connect with other users
- Analyze your profile, service activity, and preferences to recommend meaningful communication to yourself and others; For more information on our automated decision-making, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions
- Show user profiles for each other
Ensuring a consistent experience across all your devices
- Connect the various devices you use to enjoy the consistent feel of our services throughout. We do this by connecting devices with browser data, such as when you sign in to your account on different devices or by using a limited or full IP address, a browser version and the same data about your devices to help and connect them.
Providing new Twinger2 services for you
- Register yourself and show your profile on the new Twinger2 features and apps
- Manage your account with these new features and applications
To provide you with relevant donations and ads
- Manage sweepstakes, contests, discounts or other offers
- Promote, display and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on our services and other sites
- Contact you by email, phone, social media or mobile device about products or services we think you might like
Improving our services and developing new ones
- Manage focus groups and surveys
- Conduct research and analysis of user behavior to improve our services and content (for example, we may decide to change the look and feel or drastically change a given feature depending on user behavior)
- Improve new features and services (for example, we may decide to create a new feature for continuous interests in applications received from users).
To prevent, detect and combat fraud or other illegal or unauthorized activities
- Identify ongoing or suspected misconduct on and off the platform
- Perform data analysis to better understand and design measures to combat these tasks
- Keep information about fraudulent activities to prevent duplication
Ensuring compliance with the law
- Comply with legal requirements
- Help the authorities
- Verify or exercise our rights, for example our Terms
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal principles:
- Give our service to you: Most of the time, the reason we process your information is to make the contract you have with us. For example, as you continue to use our app to build meaningful relationships, we use your information to maintain your account and profile, to make it more appealing to other users and to recommend other users to you.
- Legal Interest: We may use your personal information when we have a legitimate interest in doing so. For example, we analyze how users behave in our services in order to continually improve our delivery, suggest offers that we think you might like, and consider management information, fraud and other legal purposes.
5. How We Share Information
As our goal is to help you make meaningful connections, the primary distribution of user information is the same, with other users. We also share the information of certain users and service providers with partners who assist us in operating the services, with other Match Group companies and, in some cases, legal authorities. Read on for more details on how your information is shared with others.
- With other users
You share information with other users when you voluntarily disclose information to the service (including your public profile). Please be careful about your information and make sure the content you share is comfortable and publicly visible because you and I cannot control what others do with your information once you share it.
If you choose to limit the audience to all or part of your profile or to specific content or information about you, it will be reflected in your settings.
- With our service providers and our partners
We use third parties to help us operate and improve our services. These third parties help us with a variety of tasks, including data handling and storage, analytics, customer care, marketing, advertising, payment processing and security operations.
We may also share information with partners who distribute and assist us in advertising our services. For example, we may share limited information about you with hashed, non-personally identifiable information for our advertising partners.
We follow a strict evaluation process before involving any service provider or working with any partner. All service providers and partners must agree to strict confidentiality obligations.
- And other Match Group businesses
We share your information with other Match Group companies to help us process your information, such as service providers, in our own terms and conditions. Assistance provided by other Match Group companies may include technical performance, such as data handling and care, customer care, targeted marketing and advertising, financial and accounting services, better understanding of how our service is used and user behavior to improve our service, protect our information and services , fraud, lawlessness and other wrongdoing.
We may share information with other Match Group companies for legitimate business purposes such as business audits, analytics and integrated reporting and compliance with applicable laws. We may share user information with other Match Group companies to remove users who violate our Terms of Service, or have reported criminal and / or misconduct. In some cases, we may remove that user from all platforms.
- Made in companies
We may transfer your information if we are involved in, or in whole or in part, in the consolidation, sale, acquisition, division of assets, restructuring, reorganization, disposal, demolition or other change of ownership or control.
- Where required by law
We may disclose your personal information if necessary: (i) compliance with legal procedures, such as court orders, summonses or search warrants, government investigations / law enforcement or other legal requirements; (ii) assisting in the prevention or detection of crime (in accordance with applicable law in each case); or (iii) to protect the safety of any person.
- Enforcing legal rights
We may also share information with: (i) whether the disclosure could reduce our liability in a court of law or threatened; (ii) as necessary to protect our legal rights and the legal rights of our users, business partners or other interested persons; (iii) enforcing our agreements with you; and (iv) to investigate, prevent, or take further action in respect of illegal activities, allegations of fraud or other wrongdoing.
- With your permission or request
We may ask your permission to share your information with third parties. In any case, we will make it clear why we want to share the information.
We may use and share non-personally identifiable information (that is, personal information, anonymity such as device information, demographic information, general behavioral information, geolocation in the displayed form), and personal information hashed, unreadable personal form, under any of the above circumstances. We may also share this information with other Match Group companies and third parties (particularly advertisers) to promote and deliver advertisements targeted at our services and on our third-party websites or applications, and to analyze and report on your advertising. We may combine this information with non-personally identifiable information or personal information in a hashed, unreadable personal form collected from other sources.
6. Cross-Border Data Transfer
Sharing data set out in section 5 sometimes involves cross-border data transfers, for example in the United States of America and elsewhere. For example, when a service allows users to be present in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), their personal information is transferred to countries outside the EEA. We apply the terms of a standard contract approved by the European Commission or other appropriate protection to allow the transfer of data from the EEA to other countries. Common contract clauses are obligations between personal data companies, who are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your data.
7. Your Rights
We want you to manage your information, so we provide you with the following tools:
- Access / Update tools on the service. Account tools and settings that help you access, edit or delete information that you provide to us and which is directly linked to your account within the app. If you have any questions about these tools and settings, please contact our customer care team for assistance here.
- Device permissions. Mobile platforms have permission programs for certain types of device data and notifications, such as phonebook and location services and app notifications. You can change your settings on your device to approve or reject the collection of related information or the display of related notifications. Of course, if you do, some services may lose full functionality.
- Removal. You can delete your account by using the corresponding functionality directly in the service.
We want you to know your privacy rights. Here are a few key points to keep in mind:
- Reviewing your details. The applicable privacy laws may give you the right to review personal information that we hold about you (depending on the law, this may be called a right of access, a right to privacy or a variance of those terms). You may request a copy of your personal information by making such a request here.
- Updating your information. If you believe that the information we hold about you is incorrect or that we no longer have the right to use it and we want to request its correction, deletion or opposition, please contact us here.
For your protection and protection of all our users, we may ask you to provide proof of identity before we respond to the above requests.
Remember, we may reject requests for certain reasons, including whether the request is illegal or if it could infringe on trade secrets or intellectual property or the privacy of another user. If you wish to receive information about another user, such as a copy of any messages you receive from him or her through our service, another user will need to contact the Privacy Manager to provide his or her written consent before the information is released.
Also, we may not be able to accept certain requests to challenge the processing of personal information, especially when such requests do not permit us to provide our services to you. For example, we cannot offer our service if we do not have your birthday.
- Take it out. You can stop all data collection by application by extracting it using your device’s standard output process. If you uninstall the application from your mobile device, the unique identifier associated with your device will continue to be saved. If you reinstall an application on the same mobile device, we will be able to reconnect this identifier to your previous activities and activities.
- Accountability. In some countries, including the European Union, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority if you have problems with how we process your personal information. The data protection authority to which you can lodge a complaint may be the one where you live, where you work or where you are suspended.
8. Citizens Of California
If you are a California resident, you may request a notification disclosing personal information categories that we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the past calendar year. To request this notification, please submit your request here. Please allow 30 days for response. For the safety and security of all our users, we may ask you to provide proof of our identity before responding to that request.
10. How We Protect Your Information
We work hard to protect you from unauthorized access or alteration, creation or destruction of your personal information. Like all technology companies, even though we take steps to protect your information, we do not guarantee, and should not expect, that your information will always be secure.
We constantly monitor our systems for vulnerability and vulnerability and regularly update our data collection, storage and processing practices to update our physical, technical and organizational safety measures.
We may suspend the use of all or part of the Services without notice if we suspect or detect a security breach. If you believe that your account or information is no longer secure, please let us know right away email@example.com
To ensure that our systems and information are protected from unauthorized access, theft and loss, we have implemented a bug bounty program. For more information about our bug bounty program, please click here.
10. How We Keep Your Information
We retain your information only as long as we need it for legitimate business purposes (as set out in section 4) and as permitted by applicable law. To protect the safety and security of our users inside and outside of our services, we use a three-month security window following account deletion. During this time, the account details will be saved even if the account will no longer be visible to the services.
In practice, we remove or make your name anonymous from your account (following the security window) or after two years of continuous inactivity, unless:
- we must maintain it to comply with applicable law (for example, some “traffic data” is retained for one year to comply with legal data retention obligations);
- there is an outstanding issue, claim or dispute that requires us to keep the relevant details until resolved; or
- information should be kept for our official business purposes, such as to prevent fraud and improve the safety and security of users. For example, data may need to be stored to prevent a user from being blocked by unsafe behavior or security incidents from opening a new account.
Keep in mind that although our systems are designed to perform data removal procedures in accordance with the above guidelines, we cannot guarantee that all data will be removed within the allotted time due to technical issues.
11. Child Privacy
Our services are restricted to users 18 years of age or older. We do not allow users under the age of 18 on our platform and do not collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If you suspect that a user is under 18, please use the reporting system available in the app.
Because we are always looking for new and innovative ways to help you build meaningful communication, this policy may change over time. We will notify you before any visible changes take effect so you have time to review the changes.